Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday, March 22nd 2010

Fragmented Sound Critique

1-Emily Sneeden:
Loop 1: Like the use of rap songs in the loop.
Loop 2: Good portrayal of chaos and order in the second loop. During "order" I noticed that it was mostly voices.
2-Ryan Rudock:
Loop 1: I wish it didn't just cut off in the middle like that though. It almost seemed to repeat and then replay. Wish you could have done more repeats of certain clips. I felt like there was too much continual playing of each song. It was still very interesting, however.
Loop 2: I didn't like when it got so quiet in certain places. but I liked the chaos in it. I liked the second one best! I also enjoyed that simple words and phrases became a sort of song.
3-Joel Ramnaraine:
Loop1: This was so great! It reminded me of a mix between Ace of Base, Celine Dion, and September.
Loop2: I visualized scrappy and scooby tip toeing around a haunted house. Didn't really get the whole chaos and order thing so I think you could have pushed it a little bit further.
4-Kelsey Olson:
Loop 1: It sounded like an old 50's film or commercial that was playing on a reel but there was a scratch or a skip in it like a record scratching. I kind of enjoyed the change to the different type of clip and then you ended it again on the "lux" clip.
Loop 2: I loved that I could hear what sounded like a disney "A Whole New World" song in there but it was sped up to sound like chipmunks. You definitely compiled a lot of interesting sounds, etc.
5-Nicole Pennington
Loop 1: Very humorous
Loop 2: Could have gotten more chaotic for me.
6-Jim Kirkwood
Loop 1: Enjoyed it, but it got a little bit too repetitive for me. I felt like I wasn't hearing much to catch my interest so maybe push it a little bit more because you have good clips.
Loop 2: LOVED you chaos and order piece. I liked that there was no music and that it was purely voices. Very successful.
7-Kristin Anderson
Loop 1: Good work.
Loop 2: Appreciated that you did loop 2b since that's what I did. Reminded me of when you're walking through a line to go on a ride at Epcot only this one was a Hawaiian ride.
8- KT Stemper
Loop 1: Really enjoyed it.
Loop 2: Good portrayal of chaos and order. I liked the opening line. Those few parts that were loud and sounded almost like nails on a chalkboard and so although I disliked that part purely because it hurt my ears, I think it worked VERY well in your piece.
9-Gaby Mendez
Loop 1: Like what you did with the Betty Boop audio clip. It's very fun and sassy with the words you chose to repeat.
Loop 2:
10- Sara
Loop 1: Wish there could have been more to it. I feel like there was just two clips and one played the whole time and the second one that said "last night I saw you in a dream just played randomly every so often.
Loop 2: Really great. I enjoyed it but maybe when it sped up that could have been a little more gradual. I think that that guitar playing could have been taken out although it was a nice juxtaposition to have a relaxing guitar playing but a really fast heartbeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment