Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday, March 31 2010

Melissa Bonnewell:
Gary Hill Around and About
Gary Hill has a very interesting voice. The visuals with the voice are simple yet dynamic. Even thought some of the images were static ones, they felt very dynamic and there was a lot of movement.

If the visual events had taken place in any other sequence, it would have portrayed a different message.
The fact that the artist chooses to record his feelings towards a personal event while adding what he sees on a day to day basis, allows the authenticity of his affairs to be frozen in time and converted to an area of isolation, yet opened to others so that they can see it again and again.


Jim Kirkwood:
Stanley Kubrick Barry Lyndon
I thought it was interesting that he directed movies that I've seen. I don't often think about who the directors are when I watch movies but I am going to start paying attention and paying even BETTER attention to little things I notice different directors do.

No comments:

Post a Comment