Thursday, April 1, 2010

Response to Chapter 14

I have read this text book multiple times for multiple classes, and each time I read it, I learn something different that I didn't know before. I know I obviously read those certain parts before, but I guess the difference is what I'm learning at the time. Since I am learning about time based media and focusing primarily on that for this course, I guess I'm not surprised that the part that stuck out to me the most was the section from scene to screen play. That was mostly about time based works, but I also found it interesting that even the parts that weren't about time based works I associated with film and video.
For instance, a group is a collection of images that are related by subject, matter, composition, or source. This could be related to film and sequence structure as well. Different movie clips or frames could be grouped due to similar subject, matter, composition, or source as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment